The Korea New Zealand Business Council and The Embassy of the Republic of Korea Present
A Function to Mark the Fifth Anniversary of the Korea New Zealand Free Trade Agreement
When: Thursday, 20 May 2021, 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm
Where: Northern Club, 19 Princes Street Auckland Central Auckland 1010
Outline of the Function
The trail-blazing Free Trade Agreement between the Republic of Korea and New Zealand was signed in Seoul on 23 March 2015, and came into operation on 20 December 2015. The agreement was signed by the Ministers of Trade of the two countries, in the presence of the Prime Minister of New Zealand, the Rt Hon. John Key, and the then President of
Korea, Park Geun-hyu.
Therefore we are honoured to have the Rt Hon Sir John Key himself speak to this function. He was the Prime Minister throughout the period of the Agreement’s negotiation and was present at its signing. He visited Korea a number of times during his period as PM. The Korean Ambassador, His Excellency Mr Lee Sang Jin will provide a Korean perspective.
We are also delighted that Sir Richard Taylor, co-founder, CEO and creative director of Weta Workshop, the design and special effects facility based in Wellington (NZ) servicing the world’s creative industries will also speak. He has had many interactions with Korea.
A number of representatives of the exporting and importing community will speak about the experience of their companies under the FTA, and also about how Covid-19 has impacted on their endeavours.
The event is run by the Korea New Zealand Business Council with sponsorship from the North Asia CAPE, Zespri and MFAT.
Draft Speaker List
- His Excellency Mr Lee Sang Jin: Ambassador for the Republic of Korea
- Rt Hon. Sir John Key, former Prime Minister of New Zealand
- Fonterra; Simon Tucker, Director Global Stakeholder Affairs
- Zespri; Michael Fox, Director of External Relations
- Sir Richard Taylor, Weta Workshop
- Hyundai; Andy Sinclair, General Manager
- KOTRA; Shinhak Kang, Trade Commissioner
- Silver Fern Farms; Matt Baker, Global Market Manager
- His Excellency Mr Phil Turner; NZ Ambassador to Korea ( via Video link )
There is a registration fee of $25 (GST incl.) for KNZBC and Export NZ members and $35 for others. Please register in advance, and by the close of play on the previous Sunday.
- Pay by Credit/Debit Card: Click Here ($ 0.30 for each ticket will be added)
- Transfer to the Council’s bank account: 01-0527-0065767-00
- If you make payment to the bank account, please send your details (Name, Company/Organisation, Contact #) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you already paid for the canceled event(02/Mar) and haven’t got refunded, please let us know : email@example.com